Experienced Technical Architect and Team Leader with over ten years of experience working in consulting, custom software dev, and product development organizations.
2013 - Present
Solutions Architect / Netrix LLC, Chicago
- Lead a DevOps team to identify areas of overlap between developers and operations and implement improved software deployment solutions.
- Modernized a large legacy Real Estate website using modern development practices.
- Produced detailed design and architectural documentation and lead the team through implementation.
- Participated in on-premises to AWS migration.
- Successfully orchestrated migration of software development processes from multiple disjointed procedures to a single streamlined course of action.
- Reduced project overhead and startup time by using common procedures.
- Reduced on-going costs by consolidating technologies and optimizing processes.
- Advocated for, and assisted in increasing cloud adoption within practice area.
- Reduced inefficiency in the processes of supporting existing infrastructure.
- Design, architect, and implement solutions to meet client needs.
- Lead project teams to meet release dates and produce client deliverables.
- Organize and lead requirements gathering and business analysis meetings.
- Mentor and guide team members.
- Report to Creative and Digital Solutions National Practice Manager.
2007 - 2013
IT Specialist and Software Developer / Wizard Software, Chicago
- Architected, designed, and participated in the implementation of a large-scale infrastructure upgrade to a managed hosting environment. Including: network, storage, and compute resources.
- Increased hosting capacity at reduced cost per unit.
- Increased reliability and redundancy of critical systems.
- Was a key contributor to a successful migration of all hosting infrastructure from on-premises to managed colocation facility.
- Pioneered new product development in the web space, while assisting with existing thick client development.
- Reported directly to the CTO.
- Responsible for design, maintenance, and support of hosting infrastructure.
- Lead software development of internal systems.
- Inventory tracking and system up time monitoring
- Management instrumentation and KPI reports to support hosting infrastructure.
- Participated in product development.